Saturday, September 8, 2007

Not Digging The Scanner



Yesterday afternoon, we received Mitchell's phototherapy bed. It looks remarkably similar to a computer scanner that you lay him on and strap him down. With the exception of diaper changes and meal time, he is to remain on the bed at all times.


We thought this would be a good thing because he took to it so well yesterday afternoon. Night time, however, is a different story.


Mitchell thought that being outside the warm embrace of his Mommy and Daddy's arms was a load of crap and he made his position known to us for the majority of the night. Although Mama is feeling relatively rested, Daddy is feeling that 4 hours sleep a night is not nearly enough. Fortunately, I'll be working from the house next week and my hours will be a little more staggered so maybe I can catch up.


I certainly hope that's the case. Daddy's lack of sleep is resulting in some irritability and a total lack of patience for the monumentally stupid. For example, we took Mitchell to the hospital today to have his blood work done. Unfortunately, the order was lost and, after Daddy's concern was met with a certain non-chalance, all efforts to contain my discontent were lost. Somewhere out there, there's a none-too-helpful answering service operator who thinks I'm the world's biggest jerk.


ANYHOO...we eventually got Mitchell's blood work done and, as expected, it looks like we're in for a couple more days of the scanner. Hopefully, my boy will get a little more accustomed to this sleeping arrangement.


Otherwise, all else is well. Despite having a little anxiety about the loss of her "Only Child" status, Kamryn is proving to be a GREAT big sister. Earlier this morning when Mitchell was expressing his displeasure at the scanner, Kam was able to calm her brother down by singing to him and rubbing his head and chest. It was almost enough to bring a tear to your eye. I am SO proud of my little girl.


Leigh is doing very well too. She's still moving pretty slow and, even though she's not feeling her best, she's staying very active and looks beautiful. As I said in an earlier post, God made the right decision in having women bear children. If it were me that had to do the job, I wouldn't get out of bed for a month.


With a full belly, Mitchell is resting comfortably on his bed, so we're going to take this opportunity to catch a few zzzz.


1 comment:

Krissy said...

Poor little booger. I hope he does better tonight. He looks so peaceful!!!