Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Past 10 Days Have Been CRAZY...







It's been a crazy 10 days and I've fallen short in my responsibilities for keeping this blog current. Fortunately, I have a nearly photographic memory so I will do my best to recap the past 10 days in one blog post:

Thursday, September 13: Mitchell had one of his first major outings and was given an opportunity to see mankind (or womankind) at it's worse...a Vera Bradley close-out sale at Cobb Galleria Center. While Mommy was able to get some real bargains, Daddy and Mitchell watched as thousands of vultures (who had shapeshifted into human females) picked the carcass of Vera Bradley with absolute abandon. Lest you think I'm exaggerating, I assure you, I'm not. I've seen crackheads demonstrate greater restraint than these people. I told Mitchell that this isn't REALLY how the real world behaves and promised him that I would do my best to make sure that he doesn't get dragged into a 50-75% off purse sale again.

After that, the whole family (with the exception of Mitchell since he doesn't have much hair) got haircuts and settled down for the night.

Friday, September 14th: Pretty uneventful day. Daddy worked all morning and then hung out with Mommy and Mitchell for the afternoon. Kamryn got home at 4:30 and we all bummed around that night waiting for Grandma and Paw-Paw to get into town.

I also realized that Mitchell needed a picture of his namesake (Paw-Paw Cain) in his bedroom and went on a mad search through my box of pictures. I hit the MOTHERLODE. Not only did I find a picture of Cain, he was also surrounded by me and John Mitchell. The picture was taken in July, 1990 and, as you can see above, had me with VERY big hair, George Michael styled stubble and a snappy post-80s Ocean Pacific shorts set (Kamryn had no idea who I was). John, in typical South Florida redneck style, was wearing a hot pink ball cap. My grandfather, meanwhile, did his best not to look embarrassed by these two fools while frying some fish...even though his smirk is pretty obvious.

As goofy as the picture is, it contains a Mitchell, a Cain and a Talley and I'm ecstatic that such a picture exists. I'll be taking this to be blown up and framed for Mitchell's room.

Saturday, September 15th: The day started off very early as Grandma and Paw-Paw made it here at 2:15 that morning. Around 4:00, we all retired to our beds. After waking up, Daddy, Kam and Grandma went to some garage sales but did little else for the rest of the day.

Sunday, September 16th: While at church, Daddy's phone rang with a surprise phone call; John, Bill and Bobby Mitchell were on their way home from North Carolina and asked if they could stop by. Their timing was outstanding. We grilled some burgers and, while the big kids were out playing in the back yard, Grandma, Paw-Paw and John had an opportunity to catch up from the past 6+ years. John and his boys left at 4:00 or so and Paw-Paw left at 8:00 for his long drive back to Texas.

Monday, September 17th: Although Kamryn had a vacation week, Daddy, much to his chagrin, had to go back to the office. The pain of this was somewhat remedied by the fact that he got to show-off his baby pictures to many co-workers and speak ad-nauseum about how his son is the greatest baby boy to grace this world in (at least) the last 35 years. Meanwhile, Mitchell went for his two-week check-up, weighed in at a whopping 7 lbs, 2 ozs and was given a clean bill of health. Afterwards, Grandma and Kamryn came home and decorated the yard for the beginning of fall with a heavy emphasis on Halloween.

Tuesday, September 18th: Absolutely nothing happened. In fact, when Daddy got home at 8:30 pm, it appeared that the rest of the Talley crew had not managed to get out of their pajamas all day.

Wednesday, September 19th: Mama, Kam, Mitchell and Grandma went to a play of "Robin Hood"

Thursday, September 20th: Mitchell reached a milestone by losing his umbilical cord and there was great rejoicing (yay.).

Friday, September 21st: While Daddy was at work, the rest of the crew spent the morning pursuing Grandma's favorite hobby; garage sales. Since losing the umbilical cord, Mitchell reached yet another milestone by taking his first shower with Daddy. He LOVED it! Like sister, like brother. He really dug the water and really DIDN'T dig having to get out. Finally, we celebrated the fact that TODAY was the day that he was supposed to grace us with his presence.

Saturday, September 22nd: Daddy and Grandma got up early to head to the airport. Kamryn had a play date with her "sissy" Anna (the picture above shows Anna, Mitchell and my daughter striking her best Britney Spears pose) and, while she was gone, Daddy, Mama and Mitchell chose NOT to use the time wisely and vegged out for most of the afternoon. The evening was finished off with dinner with Jack and Diane and, while the girls headed upstairs for some kid shows, Mitchell and Daddy had some couch time.

So far, today has been pretty uneventful as well. We blew off church and the day has mostly been spent fixing the computer and watching the race.

More updates as they're warranted.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bill - Jack sent me this link. This is absolutely priceless (and hysterical!). You continue to crack me up, even from afar.

Mitchell is GORGEOUS!! What a cutie. Glad to hear Kamryn is doing so well with it. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the times when Brittney thought her little sister was cute! HA!

Tell Leigh hi for us. I will save this blog so I can keep getting updates.

GREAT JOB!!

XOXO
Dani

Anonymous said...

That is some hair buddy
Glad to hear the kiddo & family are doing well.

Jack

Anonymous said...

Mitchell, you're a great looking
guy. Can't wait to see you and
Kamryn again.

Love, Grammie

Krissy said...

It's about time you update this blog. I thought you had already given up on it. Love the new pics!!!! Hugs and Kisses

Anonymous said...

WOW - all I can say is that picture brought back some fun memories of all of us hanging out!!!! Can you say froggin anyone???? Bill - you still are hilarious as ever!

Miss you all - maybe me and the fam will take a trip - I'd love to see those cute little babies you've so graciously shared photos of!

Deanna